“Your actions drift to where your Attention goes, and your Attention goes where your Intentions take you! Have the right intention; then attention and necessary action will follow!”
Congrats, if you have completed your ICF-ACC training and are practicing as a Coach. The critical question pressing your mind may be, What next, from here?
“What got you here, will not get you there. Where are you heading to?”
And it is a genuine query to have because while conversing with many ICF-ACC credentialed coaches, we realized that there is an air of ambiguity in the ICF-PCC journey. While the process of becoming an ICF-PCC seems to be clear, the INTENTIONS behind pursuing the same are not well documented!
So, we asked a team of ICF-PCC Credentialed Coaches from the Regal Coaches alumni community to share with us insights on the importance & impact of ICF-PCC on their journey as a Coach. The objective of this blog is to put before you, why ICF-ACC coaches pivoted to ICF-PCC.
For us at Regal Unlimited, it is an opportunity to shift from ‘doing’ to ‘being’ a coach. To shift to the realm of art, on a strong foundation of science and process. Thus the client shifts from What to Who…
We asked them,
How has ICF-PCC impacted you – professionally & personally.
Should ICF-ACC Coaches pivot to ICF-PCC Credential? What do they stand to gain?
So, if you are ICF-ACC or have completed ICF Coach Training, then this blog helps you understand the inspiration & intentions with which successful Coaches looked at ICF-PCC
ICF – PCC is more Experiential & Less Theoretical
PCC journey involves looking at the same Core Coaching Competencies in a different way; through a different lens; from a different level. That experience translates itself into our life – both Professional and personal.
Since it’s more experiential (less theoretical), the way we approach our Clients changes; the way WE ARE, CHANGES.
It was a significant chapter for me in 2016.
Though the ICF PCC certification for me started with a professional advancement objective, it ended up serving many purposes – including a change in the way we are, as a Coach.
Therefore, I would definitely recommend ICF PCC certifications for ACC Coaches.
Gain visibility as a Coach
ICF PCC has helped me professionally & personally. Professionally it has supported me to gain more visibility as a Coach. And personally, it has helped me in the transition from state of “Doing” to “Being”
ICF PCC digs deep – into Mastery
Little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If you want to dig a well and find water, then one needs to dig it deep enough. PCC is about mastery of coaching skills and it is only mastery that helps us harvest the fruits of our labor. I strongly recommend ACC to complete their coaching journey with ICF PCC Certification.
ICF-PCC has been a self-purification exercise
It has considerably changed my behavior, especially my listening skills leading to an enormous improvement in my relationships. I have become more receptive to feedback and considerably less judgmental. The ability to accept things as they are has increased. The focus has now shifted from finding mistakes to finding positives first.
ACC helps you deal with WHAT whereas PCC helps deal with the WHO. In the process, it is a self-purification exercise.
While ICF ACC deals with the ‘WHAT’, ICF-PCC takes you to understand the ‘WHO’
At an ACC level, we understand the importance of questioning and the various kinds of questions one could use. But it’s still pretty mechanical. We understand the what of the coachee and can coach them accordingly.
However, at the ICF – PCC level, we go deeper, into the “who” of the person. The unconscious self of the coachee, where most of their decisions are driven from. That helps make real shifts. Many of our problems need transformation at that level. A shallow level of what needs to be done doesn’t work there. It is for these intrinsic level situations that a PCC works the best. And like I said above, every deep coaching session heals, not only the coachee but the coach themselves. It is a surreal journey.
I would highly recommend ACCs to experience this and add depth to their coaching. Having tasted the goodness of coaching, it’ll do a world of good to your coaching by diving deeper and adding this cutting edge to your practice.
It’s impacted me hugely. When I started this journey, I thought I was going to learn something. I felt the learning would be at a cognitive level. However, once in the learning journey, I realized it was something much deeper. I started looking at myself, others, and things around me differently.
To top it off, the trainers from Regal Unlimited acted as true facilitators, facilitating these shifts within us, helping us look at deeper insights, shifting perspectives, and transforming into a new me.
This is a journey, I would highly recommend everyone to go through. It’s not just learning, but something much deeper to experience.
ICF PCC is a critical factor, considered for Coaching assignments by Corporations
Having a PCC certification is often table stakes to be considered for a coaching assignment by companies. Corporations are looking for ICF PCC Credentialed Coaches for the assignments. There’s also an enormous amount of learning in the journey from an ACC to a PCC. Personally, It’s taught me to be more empathic in all my interactions.
ICF PCC enables you to be a more Confident Coach
The ICF-PCC has impacted me immensely, starting from personal awareness to being able to present myself as a confident professional coach in front of my clients. It has enabled me to be in a position where I am meaningfully helping my clients while at the same time growing myself.
Why ICF – PCC for Coaches – Conclusion
We began with – Right Intention propels Right Action. It’s true with ICF-PCC.
These successful Coaches from diverse backgrounds converge on one critical element – While ICF ACC might have been a professional necessity, ICF – PCC certification begets a lot of personal development (going deeper into who we are as a COACH and who we are as a BEING) It adds a definitive edge in getting coaching assignments, sharpens the practice and makes a coach more confident and closer to demonstrating mastery.
At Regal Unlimited, we focus on Coaching from the state of “BEING” and fine-tuning the ART of Coaching in our ICF-PCC Coaches so that every Coaching conversation with the clients is at a Mastery Level. Having trained and mentored several ICF aspirants we take pride in nurturing an elite & strong community of 250+ ICF Coaches.
If you are looking for ICF-PCC in India, then partner with the BEST ICF-PCC Certification provider. Regal Unlimited is one such pioneer and the best in the category! We are starting a dedicated cohort for ICF-PCC. This is an online, virtual ICF PCC coach training program at convenient times for professionals!
Write to us: email@example.com for more details.
FAQs for why choose ICF – PCC after completing ICF – ACC
1. What is the difference between ICF - ACC & ICF - PCC
From 2022, ICF ACC is being referred to as ICF Level 1 & ICF PCC is being referred to as ICF Level 2.
- At the ACC level, it is about learning to ‘become a coach’. At PCC, it is ‘being a coach’.
- At ACC, the focus is on the science and process. At PCC, it transcends to the art, on a strong foundation of the process/science. An ICF-PCC Coach is not only able to demonstrate the coaching process – but s/he is able to ‘be’ with the client in entirety
- At an ACC level, we understand the importance of questioning and the various kinds of questions one could use. The questioning at this level, revolve around addressing the ‘What’ aspect of the Coachee. ‘What’ aspects deals with the problem/ issue the coachee is facing. Hence, understanding this aspect would enable the coach to partner with the coachee for empowering him/her/them to find solution for the issue at hand.
However, at the ICF – PCC level, we go deeper, into the ‘who’ of the coachee, as well. Tapping into the unconscious self of the coachee, from where most of their decisions are driven, helps to make real shifts. Be it for partnering with the coachee in understanding the issue or for solution-finding. Many of the problems need transformation at such deeper levels. A shallow level approach to what needs to be done might not work in such cases. It is for these intense level of situations/instances, ICF-PCC works the best.
2. Why should I opt for coach training from the International Coaching Federation?
- The foremost aspect that should be noted is the credible & global brand name that gets added-value to you and your skill.
- The training process backed by robust framework helps you evolve as an individual. The course not only grants you an ICF credential but also inculcates in you a proactive and optimistic outlook which helps you make the best of every situation
- The curriculum of ICF Coach Certification enables you to develop the right attitude, ethics and skills that would help you position yourself in the market
- The ICF credentialing enhances your credibility factor which in turn ensures customer delight.
- The ICF credentialing grants you an entry into an ever-expanding network of coaching professionals wherein you learn from your experience and that of others. Currently there are 50,000+ trained and certified coaches
- The process translates into enhanced productivity as the client will find himself/ herself psychologically secure around you
The ICF curriculum ensures increased Return on Investment with research showing that globally, clients prefer an ICF credentialed coach over a non-certified coach Research on Coaching Landscape in India | Regal Unlimited Research | ICF Coaching
3. What are the certification and credentialing requirements for ACC and PCC?
- On the surface level, the differences lie in the manner in which both the courses are structured-
- Total commitment: ICF – ACC requires a minimum commitment of 60 hours whereas ICF – PCC requires a minimum commitment of 125 hours
- Mentoring hours: 10 each for ACC and PCC
- Coaching Practice: Minimum of 100 hours for ACC, Minimum of 500 hours PCC
- Submission to ICF for Performance Evaluation: In the case of ICF – ACC, 1 coaching conversation’s audio recording and transcript needs to be submitted whereas 2 coaching conversation recordings in the case of ICF – PCC
- Application to ICF and ICF Credentialling Exam remains common for both ICF-ACC and ICF-PCC Credentials.
4. How do I upgrade from ICF - ACC to ICF - PCC?
- Firstly, you must choose the proper Coach – Training institute. There are a few pointers that will help you choose the best possible training institute which we have covered in another blog. Choosing the institute is a crucial decision to be made as to whom you choose to be a part of your journey. And it is popularly said that the company determines the quality of your journey. So you may consider reading through this blog and can view your decision with a clearer lens. Or else, you can also try experiencing it by becoming a part of our next PCC cohort subject to vacancy 🙂
- You will attend our training sessions which will extend to around a total of 125 hours.
If you are already an ICF-ACC, then 100+ hours of peer coaching you have completed during your ACC credentialing stage will be available to you to set off against the total of 500 hours of peer coaching required for PCC credentialing; effectively, you need to do only 400 hours more as against 500 hours. Else, you need to undergo the practice for all the required number of hours.
Finally, you need to send 2 recordings of your coaching conversation to ICF for the completion of your credentialing journey along with the assessment and mentoring sessions that are available to you.
5. Why do you need PCC credentialing? Why choose Regal Unlimited?
- The reasons one should opt for a PCC certification with Regal Unlimited-
- The ICF – PCC curriculum is designed to embody the coaching mindset and enable the learners to coach the clients from the state of ‘Being’
- The curriculum is in alignment with the ICF-PCC Markers and stands to deliver ICF Coaching Competencies in a holistic way by a group of MCC (Master Certified Coaches)
- Finally, to ensure the learning is endured, a rigorous focus on the ‘practise’ of coaching will be undertaken. An ICF-PCC credentialing requires a minimum of 500 hours of coaching practice. At Regal Unlimited, we aim to provide an ecosystem to the students to practise coaching and complete clocking in the required number of hours.
- We give due focus on Coaching Practice – adequate practice gets the coach to ‘flow’ in the session and create a phenomenal impact on the clients. Methodical feedback is critical while practicing – and the experienced Mentors/Trainers of Regal Unlimited offer personalised feedback for ICF-PCC coaches
- The ICF-PCC curriculum stands to deliver at the confluence of Science, Art, and the Practice of coaching
- By bringing together the best of the elements from research-backed psychology and the eastern philosophies, Regal Unlimited aims to provide a wholesome learning environment to the students
6. How can I become an ICF PCC?
- In case you choose to directly get credentialed as a PCC, like every coach training requirement, it starts with choosing the right coach training institute. Once you choose us, you will need to commit to:
- 125+ hours of Coach training.
- Complete the assignments given within the specified time.
- Complete at least 500 hours of peer coaching
- Submit audio recordings and transcripts of 2 coaching conversations to ICF.
- Regal Unlimited will be there at every stage to help you, assess your progress, aid in the submissions, and beyond too. We have a 100% success rate. Choosing Regal Unlimited as your companion in the journey, might add you as one of our contributors to maintain our success rate.
7. How long is ICF ACC or ICF PCC Credential valid for?
- 3 years. Post that, you would need to renew your credentials through fulfilling the requirements as per the ICF mandates. You can avail the list of requirements here.