“Leadership is the ability to guide others without force into a direction or decision that leaves them still feeling empowered and accomplished.” – Lisa Cash Hanson
Great leadership is about having the coaching mindset
You have moved up the corporate ladder spending time and making the effort to check all the right boxes – academics, meeting the deadlines, upgrading skills, achieving targets and more. However, there is a lot of difference in becoming the leader and being the leader. Just being good at your job is not enough anymore, leadership as you grow up the ladder is more and more about managing people than completing tasks. As Marshall Goldsmith says, “What has got you here, will not get you there”.
You must make the transition to be the leader who inspires the team to put forth the best foot forward. Inspiration happens only when you move away from “Command and Control” mode to “Empower and commit”. This transition requires you to suspend judgements, provide support and guidance, rather than tell or give instructions. Coaching mindset helps build trust, enables people working with you adapt to the constantly changing and challenging environment, in ways that unleash ownership, enthusiasm and accountability.
When Satya Nadella took over as the CEO of Microsoft, he moved the mindset of people from “know it all” to “learn it all “. He went around the organisation soliciting thoughts and listening empathetically. This helped him bring the change that Microsoft most needed. He embodied a coaching mindset, where he would always ask the below questions
- What are we trying to do?
- What worked?
- What did not work?
- How can we get there?
With disruption, remote working, and the need to deliver more with less being the new norm, moving to a coaching mindset, is the most important leadership and organisational development initiative needed to transform yourself and your organisation.
What happens when leaders move to a coaching mindset?
- Team will feel inclusive and valued.
- Work Relationship improves.
- You will create a team comprising of free thinkers and stimulate greater thinking
- People find newer solutions to problems never faced before.
- People own, commit and are enthusiastic towards the work
- You will inspire your team to shift the game to the next level.
Why sign up with us?
- Based on the framework of International Coaching Federation- The gold standard in Coaching
- Learn what and how of the coaching competencies – Less theory, more practice
- Learn how to implement coaching in day to day workplace conversations
- Grasp Coaching related skills and concepts
- Learn Powerful and transformational coaching related tools.
Transformation is where ‘Leaders are Coaches’
We believe that the coaching mindset is a must-have at all levels of management and not only for senior executives. To combat the waves of change, the organisations must transition from the ‘Managing Mindset’ to the ‘Coaching Mindset’ to an organisation, where Leaders are Coaches.