13 reasons why you should become an ICF CERTIFIED COACH
The current global pandemic situation has created an inconceivable crisis with far-reaching effects. While health prevention of the spread of the virus and saving lives have been the primary focus, the quality of life of people has taken an unprecedented hit, and there is a serious concern for their wellbeing. Now, more than ever, there is a need for human-centered leadership, and coaching provides the much-needed solution as it empowers one to adapt to disruptive changes quickly. It helps to improve communication, build/maintain relationships and create positivity, thus proving to be a boon in these testing times. Therefore, it is not surprising that the human resource departments are focusing on coaches to build their ‘people’ to be effective in these changing times.
Also, it is well known that individuals can benefit greatly from external intervention to reinvent themselves and work their way out of stressful situations. Thus the value of coaching is being recognized both by organizations and individuals, leading to an increased need for certified and well-trained life and leadership coaches who can help industries continue to grow in these adverse and challenging times. Apart from the above reasons for the increase in demand for coaches, the other reasons for the coaching profession to trend are:
1. Change in global perception – Coaching is no longer considered a luxury available only for senior leaders; instead, it is perceived as an essential process that people should undertake to be successful. Many successful people have vouched for the benefits of electing to get help from a coach to overcome difficult phases in career and life. These positive, encouraging examples have made people appreciate the value of coaching and made them willing to explore coaching as a solution to fix repeated problems they face.
2. Several coaching areas – Coaching has evolved and matured into a profession with many facets—several niche sectors, such as executive coaching, leadership coaching, business coaching, wellness coaching, relationship coaching, financial coaching, and others. Thus, the coaching profession offers a chance to apply one’s expertise in a fulfilling way to impact others and help them succeed. Successful people are increasingly choosing to share their experiences through the streamlined process of coaching to help others.
3. Mandatory for leadership development – There has been a trend of organizations making coaching mandatory for senior leadership in large companies/businesses. Coaching is deemed essential for a person as they take up more responsibilities and face more challenges. Inspired by the success of this approach, smaller organizations and individuals are also looking to avail the benefits of coaching. As a result, coaching is no longer considered optional but is instead viewed as an essential step toward successfully reaching an organization’s goals.
4. Emergence of team and group coaching – Coaching in sports teams is well known; the advantages are tremendous and well understood. Now there is a new trend of coaches working with groups of people in organizations to enable them to perform optimally as a team; this allows one to reap the benefits of a well-developed area of coaching by applying it in a different environment.
Organizations are keen to introduce internal coaching – As mentioned at the start of the article, often specialized expertise is appreciated in coaches. This is because most businesses have a specific domain of operation, and sufficient experience in the area is entailed for a coach to be effective. Increasingly companies are looking to create an internal team of certified coaches who can specialize in the disciplines related to the company’s focus so that the coaches are attuned to the organization’s requirements and can customize their service to the needs of the company/business. However, it is also acknowledged that it is ideal to avail the expertise of an external coach who can bring a fresh perspective for a better impact.
If you are planning on a career in coaching and undertaking a certification, the likelihood that you will choose ICF Coaching certification is very high as it is the most popular and well-recognized certification in coaching.
Doing the ICF certification will impact your life for the better by:
1. Giving a solid professional foundation- Coaching is a process that requires a systematic framework to operate from. ICF coaching provides a robust, fool-proof framework that gives you a solid foundation on which you can build your coaching career.
2. Bringing credibility – ICF is the Gold Standard in Coaching with a credible market standing across the globe. An ICF coaching credential boosts your credibility, thus giving you an added advantage and setting you apart from the rest of the flock.
3. Aiding you to become the best in the business – ICF’s clearly defined, well-validated framework guarantees the highest quality of coaching. This framework is regularly updated to incorporate best practices in coaching from all around the world, ensuring that you give your client nothing but the best.
4. Professional growth of HR, Agile/Scrum and Tech professionals – HR, Agile/Scrum or Tech consulting professionals use some elements of coaching at work. If you are one of them, ICF coaching certification would allow you to perform your role more effectively by using time-tested, research-driven, robust methods to holistically tap the human potential. ICF coaching is an accepted certification that can catalyse your professional growth!
5. Developing your professional network – with ICF coaching, you automatically become a part of the worldwide professional coaching network (50,000+ ICF coaches globally as of 2022) that you can tap into at any time.
6. Improving communication skills – ICF coaching also develops the art of listening and communicating effectively, an asset that would benefit you immensely in all aspects of life, both professional and personal.
7. Triggering self-growth – Professional excellence is but a reflection of self-growth, The ICF coaching process is an inward journey that increases self-awareness, an important prerequisite for self-improvement, personal growth and better mental health.
8. Achieving work-life balance – ICF coaching shares invaluable knowledge on maximizing one’s potential on the homefront and at work. This learning would empower you to work towards balancing your professional as well as personal lives.
9. Enhancing creativity – ICF coaching develops the ability to think out of the box.(as they say; there are no boxes at all!)
10. Giving new perspectives – interacting with experts in the field who have successfully established themselves as coaches will broaden your perspectives andhelp you become a better coach
11. Providing stress relief – Uncertainty about the future gets minimised (professional and personal)
12. Boosting your Confidence – gives a positive outlook on life and inches you towards breakthroughs.
13. Enriching your coaching journey – The ICF coaching process adds many new dimensions to the coaching journey as it broadens your network, builds on the competencies and prepares you for the transition. At Regal Unlimited we call it, balancing the Passion and Profession of Coaching.
With the widespread demand for coaching, there is increasingly a need for well-qualified coaches with the credentials to function well in demanding environments. Keeping this in mind,ICF has pioneered top-notch, robust framework for certifying coaches.
ICF is globally recognized for being a gold standard in coaching, and its credentials are valid globally, making it the most recognised and trending coach training certification for professional coaches.
Regal Unlimited offers ICF-certified coach training, It is a leading coaching and mentoring firm that has done extensive Coach Certification programs in the major cities of India like Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Delhi, Chennai, to name a few. Owing to the global pandemic, the ICF course is now offered Online with global participation. The course provides an opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches in India with commendable experience in coaching. Doing the certification greatly improves one’s credibility as a coach of international quality.
If you are thinking of a profession in coaching, now is the right time! The coaching industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors globally, with an estimated market size expected to reach USD 20 billion by 2022. Apart from being financially viable, it is also a very fulfilling profession as you will help others in these testing times.
Watch our video Become a Coach to find out what our learner coaches felt about their transformative journey to becoming an ICF credentialed coach and the benefits they reaped in the process.
Don’t think twice! Let’s together begin the journey to personal transformation and professional excellence!