Journaling, in different avatars, is gaining popularity. Quite comparable to adult coloring?
I have been tracking the updates, online especially. A lot of fascinating insights. I have gone to the extent of recommending Regal-Journaling (a rare prescription) to my Executive/Leadership Coaching clients.
Leaders, in corporates or outside, aspiring or practicing, all will benefit from Regal-Journaling, a fine-tuned version of journaling/reflective journaling, which incorporates coaching/mentoring to counseling/healing and other related areas such as Law of Attraction/Visualization (just prescribed?!)
Writing about oneself, personal experiences, thoughts/words, behaviors can lead to shifts in habits, behaviors and thus help create more happiness.
Jenniffer Aniston has been keeping journals since she was 13 years old. She consider them to be therapy session
‘Be happy for this moment. this moment is your life — Omar Khayyam’
I heard a spiritual podcast last Sunday, and surprisingly the speaker was sharing his thoughts on Journaling! (‘nothing is a coincidence’).
- write journals to be detached, in a loving way: so profound. Detached and also in a loving way.
- write as an impartial observer: mindfulness is at the core of this, must try
- writing in 3rd person more liberating: is there anything more to add? 3rd person & liberating.
- writing can be healing: that is the raison d’etre for prescribing.
- research shows 30 minutes’ journaling can improve body’s immune system: do we need any more justification to stop procrastinating, and start this daily practice? (and that includes me!)
The concluding line was most beautiful:
‘I honor the miracle that you are’!
Elena Ferrante: ‘The experience of writing a #diary transformed me into a fiction writer’
‘I thought that when one writes, it makes no sense to be contained, to censor oneself’
The benefit of writing s journal, everyday, has multiple benefits. It is therapeutic. It can help us discover an author within us! Say a novelist? Benefits could be far beyond human intelligence!
It has got to be authentic, vulnerable, Deep conversations, check out #Gratitude journaling?, #ReflectiveJournaling. Or,
Do you practice journaling, everyday? Try for one month & bliss guaranteed