Consider an executive recently promoted to a leadership position. Her career progression has been from being a brilliant technical expert to an effective project manager to a program manager, mentoring several project managers, delivering a lead, and becoming the chief technical officer of a Bangalore headquartered Indian IT company. She operates from Bangalore but travels worldwide to manage relationships with global clients. Her reliable track record has helped her influence clients to close several large deals. But the high-performance also brings the unsaid challenges of being a newly appointed executive.
Executive Coaching for Executive Challenges
Irrespective of backgrounds, industries and geographies, senior executives face similar challenges –
- The competencies that helped them attain that leadership position may not be the same as those needed to be successful in that role.
- Maybe they need to raise their performance standard in the new role, which is more complex.
- Perhaps the new position requires a new way of thinking, a new set of skills, a new strategy, or more effective leadership skills.
- Maybe the organization is facing a crisis, and the new leader needs to manage that while also building the roadmap for the organization’s future success.
Best Executive Coaching Program is a proven method to deal with these challenges and help a new executive be successful
Executive Coaching works as a powerful support by promptly providing personalized, one-on-one development inputs. Executives can learn to find the solutions to immediate challenges and starts building the foundations for sustainable long–term success.
There are excellent executive coaching options in Bangalore.
What does the Executive Coaching process include?
An executive coach partners with leaders to work on specific goals and business outcomes over a minimum six-month period. Executive Coaching process includes three critical steps goal setting, deep exploration of beliefs, biases & conditioning, and finally designing an action plan and acting upon it.
How does Executive Coaching enhance performance and creates a successful future?
Here are the six key elements by which the CTO we met earlier can overcome challenges and enhance performance.
1. Selecting a coach
The first step in executive coaching is to find a qualified, competent, and experienced world-class coach who can help take her performance to the next level. For our newly promoted Bangalore-Based executive CTO, it would be convenient to choose from those who provide executive coaching in Bangalore-credentialed and experienced executive coach at Bengalore who has groomed executives across industries, understands her challenges and may be able to converse in her language or preferably relate to her cultural background.She could select someone who has been doing executive coaching for Bangalore-Based IT companies.
2. Contracting and Deciding on goals
- Clarifying goals, roles, and responsibilities: The executive and the coach must agree on the executive’s goals, performance goals, and developmental goals. They also need to decide what role either one will play and what they will be responsible for.
- The logistics of the coaching sessions: When and how the coaching sessions will be conducted. Face-to-face meetings, virtually online through email or WhatsApp exchanges or a combination of these. Our CTO should consider her preferences and availability to receive executive coaching in Bangalore or while traveling , find out her coach’s choices, and mutually agree on conducting the sessions.
- What kind of schedule works for both?: How often should the executive coaching sessions be conducted, and what is the executive coach’s availability at Bangalore physically and virtually elsewhere?
- Managing confidentiality: During executive coaching our CTO would have to reveal a lot about herself and her organization. Should her coach report her progress to her supervisor?
- Fees and payment terms: Do coaching services incur additional costs? Under what conditions are canceled appointments charged? What are the steps to discontinue the coaching engagement?
3. Assessments and Feedback
- Assess strengths, weaknesses, gaps, and impact. The executive coach would help our CTO to assess herself using assessment tools and feedback from relevant stakeholders, as needed.
- Provide assistance interpreting feedback. Once the data from instruments and feedback are compiled, the coach can help her interpret the outcome and identify her development areas based on the competency gaps between what she has versus what she needs.
- Determines roadmap for success. Based on the identified developmental goals, the executive coach would help her create the directional roadmap to overcome her competency gaps.
4. Development Planning
- Produce a detailed development plan. The executive coach can help our CTO develop her detailed learning plan and the actions she needs to take to achieve her learning goals. Whether they are taking courses, doing a project, or being mentored by an expert.
- Clarify the development process and progress benchmarks. Her coach can also help determine the timelines and benchmarks necessary to track her progress.
5. Stakeholder Engagement
- Gain commitment and support from stakeholders. She would need to ensure that her key stakeholders support her development plan. Her executive coach could help her communicate with them effectively.
- Build agreement on developmental priorities. With her coach, she can work towards agreeing with her stakeholders on her development priorities.
- Develop critical mentoring relationships. Being mentored by more experienced and accomplished professionals is a great way to establish oneself. Her coach can help her find mentors and get into a mentoring relationship
6. Implementation and Ongoing Planning
- Practice new behaviors and troubleshoot obstacles. Once her plan is detailed, and buy-in is obtained from her stakeholders, she can work with her business coach to practice new behaviors necessary in her new role, identify potential obstacles, and overcome them.
- Track progress in developmental areas and measure outcome. She can continue to work on her development goals and regularly meet with her executive coach to track her progress on her action plan and evaluate the results. She can then work out shortcomings with her coach’s support.
The above six elements of executive coaching can ensure success, as it eventually did finally for the newly appointed CTO who decided on executive coaching in Bangalore with a locally based executive coach.
Executive Coaching in Bangalore & India with Regal Unlimited
“A Coach does not play the game, but s/he makes you WIN the game”
Regarded as the best executive coaching firm in Bangalore & India, Regal Unlimited takes pride in having trained, qualified, ICF Credentialed, and Experienced Executive Coaches who can help your leadership and organizations to WIN in the marketplace. Regal Unlimited has the best pool of Executive Coaches in India, who have been there, and done that! They understand the challenges and concerns of executives and ensure the practical approach to coaching high-performing executives in India or Virtual Executive coaching across the world as well.
Executive Coaches from Regal Unlimited are the best in the category, with relevant experience of over 10 years as Leadership & Executive Coaches. Connect with the best Certified Executive Coaches & get top executive coaching certification programs here.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that you have the best Executive Coach handholding you towards your success!