No surprises here, at all. But useful reminder for us !
Also, backed by some good research : a piece in Harvard Gazette/ Karl Pillemer of Cornell University learned/ studying nearly 1500 people age 70 to 100+
Key Lessons highlighted in the article:
- Life is Short: We would have heard this so many times… but we live as though we are immortal !
- Career: Do something you enjoy… Had heard & shared recently, ‘the biggest Maya‘!
- Healthy Living: Often we treat our physical body like our slaves. I liked the new perspective… ‘Treat the body as though we will live for 100 years, to avoid 20/30/40 years of chronic illness‘. This is surely very powerful.
- Avoid ‘Pointless Worrying‘! Most often worrying is sheer waste… 90% of it being misplaced!
- Happiness – Don’t make it dependent externally… true happiness is within ! That is essence of Spirituality, is n’t ?