Coaching is also moving from the current state to a more resourceful state. A simple, but powerful definition. (Let’s uncomplicate)
Dictionary meaning of being ‘resourceful’ is,
I may opt to be resourceful
- when I am coached, for that is the natural outcome of the intervention
- when I coach others, for the stated goal, objective or outcome is aligned with the shift.
- In any other situations, difficulties…
The question I ask myself is
- Am I being pushed to a less resourceful or more resourceful state by others, situations, difficulties?
- Is my client moving to a more resourceful state, of his/her choice, pace, space, et al?
- Am I creating the space for others to remain, if not shift to a more, resourceful space? In all my roles, at work, home, community? Do I pause for perspective (of others)? Do I operate from that level of awareness? It is a choice. Am I making the choice, with awareness?
What about you? How do you handle situations in 1 & 3, whether you are a coach or not? If you are a coach or a leader, how do you handle? Share in comments or 1 – 1.
Let’s choose, bliSSS